The thematic areas of expertise are diverse ranging from family planning and reproductive health; child marriage and adolescent health; non-communicable diseases; HIV/AIDS; maternal, newborn and child health; equity and social welfare. PopDev specialises in provision of the following services:
- Impact evaluation of development interventions
- Research, analysis and report writing on all areas of demography and development
- Design and analysis of population surveys
- Secondary analysis of survey data
- Demographic projections and analysis
- Grant proposals
PopDev also collaborates with a pool of experts in longitudinal data analysis, capacity building, health systems strengthening, Geographic Information System and qualitative research methods for catering to the needs of clients.